1. Can I Store My Items in the Car?
Yes, you can store your items in the car, but it is necessary to agree on additional item storage with one of our service representatives. The driver may take your personal items only subject to prior agreement with a dispatcher before the pickup date.
We don’t charge anything extra for a regular reasonable weight and volume that fits in your vehicle (no cement in the trunk please). However, in case it exceeds the agreed upon level, you can purchase additional storage for a fee. Please note that only your vehicle is ensured, and not your personal items.
2. How Can I Prepare My Car for the Shipping?
There are a couple of things that you should do to make your vehicle ready for transport:
- Make sure that the car engine, tires, brakes, and all safety equipment are functioning properly;
- Deactivate all of your vehicle’s anti-theft devices and remove any exterior antennas, if any);
- Check all truck bed liners and shells – they should be secured for transport;
- Notify our agent about items that change car dimensions, if any (running boards, luggage racks, fog lights, etc.);
- Remove all portable interior accessories;
- Make sure that there is no damage or repair in convertible tops (where applicable);
- Examine battery, brakes, transmission fluid, and anti-freeze;
- Check air pressure in the tires.
It is important to do all of the above in order to avoid shipment delays and extra transportation costs.
3. How is Car Shipping Cost Calculated?
There is no fixed rate for car shipping services as such. The price is based on a number of parameters:
- Vehicle dimensions;
- Vehicle weight;
- Vehicle condition;
- Vehicle add-ons, if any.
Such factors as auto transport route, vehicle’s current location, and destination are also important. As you can see, there are many variables determining the cost of the service. Therefore, we recommend that you contact our logistics specialists to get an accurate price quote.
4. How Fast Can My Vehicle Be Transported?
At ABC Car Shipping, we try to transport vehicles door to door in the shortest time possible. However, there is no specific time frame that is applicable to all orders. Different transit times are estimated for different regions:
- West-East coast regions: 7-14 business days;
- West-Middlewest regions: 5-8 business days;
- South-North regions: 5-8 business days.
It is not always possible to provide you with the exact date and time when your vehicle will be delivered to the destination due to the following circumstances:
- Highway types and conditions;
- Weather conditions;
- Current auto transport market demand;
- Car transportation scheduling.
5. Is Shipping a Truck More Expensive Than a Car?
Yes, auto transportation costs are determined by vehicle height and weight. Since trucks are larger and weigh more, they cost more to transport. Besides, not all trucks fit on carriers, which is another reason for a higher price.
6. How Much Time Do You Need to Pick My Vehicle?
It is highly recommended to schedule a pick-up for your vehicle at least 7 days in advance if you choose the open carrier option. In case you select the enclosed carrier option, send us a notice no later than 14 days prior to the actual pick-up date.
7. Should I Be Present When You Pick up/ Deliver My Car?
You or your designated responsible party should be present at the pick-up. In case you cannot be present or if you don’t want to designate a responsible party, you must notify one of our agents. Please also make sure that the chosen individual is of legal age and has a valid driving license for identity verification purposes. Otherwise, our transport agent won’t be able to accept or deliver your vehicle.
Being present at the time of pick-up / delivery of your car is required for your vehicle inspection. In case you and/or your designated responsible party are not present during delivery, your car will be transported to a vehicle storage facility resulting in additional charges for you.
8. How Does Door-to-Door Vehicle Transportation Work?
Our transport agent will pick up your car at the given address and deliver it to the agreed destination so that you don’t have to travel anywhere for your vehicle. Be aware that some of our carriers are extremely large and require a great deal of space. Make sure that you clarify these details with our logistics agents before your vehicle pick-up and delivery.
9. How Can I Pay for Your Nationwide Car Shipping Services?
At ABC Car Shipping, we accept major credit cards, such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, as well as PayPal. Partial upfront payment is required to schedule your vehicle pick-up with the remaining amount payable to the driver upon delivery of your car.
10. What Car Shipping Services Can I Order From You?
We provide door-to-door vehicle shipping, which applies to all types of vehicles. We can carry a heavy truck or subcompact car for you. The service of a boat and motorsport equipment transportation is available as well.
11. What Types of Carriers Do You Use?
There are both open and enclosed transport options at your disposal. The first option works best for those who want to save money on their transport. In case you are looking for indoor shipping of your vehicle that protects your car from weather conditions, preference should be given to enclosed carriers. Of course, the price will be higher, but you will know what you are paying for. Drive away service and lowboy carrier are also available at ABC Car Shipping.
12. Where Do You Ship From/To?
Our company operates in 48 continental states throughout the country.
13. Who Is Liable for Transportation?
With ABC Car Shipping, accidents during transportation are extremely rare since we hire professional and qualified drivers. In the event of car damage when shipping with us, we will help you resolve the issue in the best way for you. We will contact various services from other entities who may be liable for such damage, be it the railroad, motor carrier, and/or drive-away service. Besides, our drivers always carry insurance in accordance with both State and Federal laws.
14. Will Anyone Drive My Vehicle During Shipment?
Yes, our qualified delivery service person will drive your vehicle onto and off the rail transport truck.
15. Can I Track My Vehicle During Transportation?
Yes, you can closely monitor your vehicle during transportation. Just call us, provide your order number and our professional support team would be happy to assist.